Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flower frogs, flowers and Seasons

I seriously don't know how people can do weekly updates! Here it is, almost a month since the last update for me.

First up, I was the winner on Debra's blog of my first flower frog. Isn't is just packaged so pretty?

She is a Michigander too and actually lives in my old home town! We have never met, but I feel a certain connection with her and I've been trying to get her to come this direction to the "antique capital of the world" LOL that is just 15 minutes from my home. Maybe someday! Anyway she sent this lovely "frog" along with a new pair of scissors. She didn't believe me when I told her I only had 2 pair! The bottom was a tarnished silver and I didn't want to mess with polishing it frequently so Carl used his spray paint once more and now I have an oil rubbed bronze finish to it! It sits with pride in my craft room on my desk! Thanks so much Debra. I don't feel left out anymore!



I'm still plugging away on Seasonal Collide. I have 2 more pages done and just 2 more to go. The full album can be seen on Multiply (on blogger just click on the tab on my heading) This is over 100,000 stitches and I have less than 7000 to complete. I also finished the top to put on my box for my internet class. I'll share that when my box is completed. That's it for the stitching update. I haven't "finished" the April cottage and I haven't started May or June either. I do like the July cottage, so I think I will get that one done as soon as possible, once I get it! I did buy some new stash for myself  with the Mother's Day sales.
.

Have you heard of THE STITCHERS VILLAGE? Are you a member? Do you participate? It's a shame that there are over 1500 members, but very few take advantage of the social forums. I have to admit, until a few months ago I was one of those. But now I have been visiting the village regularly and have figured out how to navigate the different groups, discussions, forums etc. If you are a member, go HERE and click on forums or groups and join in ANY discussion. If you aren't a member you should really think about joining. I like it because it's all in one place and has many groups for different interests, on and off topics and lots of caring people who all enjoy our same passion for stitching. If you are a member, put TSV logo on your blog like I have on my sidebar. Let's get more people involved! It's a great site where you can find your nitch, whatever that might be!
Since we're past the "freezing" stage in MI, I planted all my pots a couple weeks ago. Since we redid our deck and made it into a stamped patio, I didn't do as many hanging baskets and have them in pots on stands instead. This is just one pot of the 7 or so I did. The tree is called a Duranta, and I just fell in love with it when I saw it.




 

 
And the last photo I'll leave you with is our 4 generations on Mother's Day. Unfortunately I didn't get 
one of me and my 2 kids!




























8 comments:

  1. How nice of Deb for putting another frog out there. I love the base for it. I stopped in a antique store in Capron, Il.and found a couple frogs, one is a green stand, very cool. I took a snap of it but still have to post it, haha so me!
    SC is coming along great, so many little stitches
    Awesome photo of the generations
    I do belong to the Stitcher's Village, but don't go there much anymore, not enough hours in a day.
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love the family photo, Nancy. It's fabulous!!! And your flowers and tree are wonderful too. The collide is fabulous. I've loved that chart since I first saw it on your blog. Then, you barely had spring done. And look at you now!!! Great job, and I can't wait to see your happy dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower frog looks great Nancy - you did good with the base of it!! And I'm glad that I could help out with your scissor collection. You have a few more holes to fill so you need to do some scissor shopping. And one of these days we will definitely have to get together. I haven't explored the antiques stores in your part of the State and it would be fun to meet each other.

    Only about 7,000 more stitches to go - unbelieveable. The piece is really gorgeous. And I do belong to Stitcher's Village but never take the time to go into it. I guess I need to make a visit and see what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty gift from Deb--love the way you dealt with not wanting to polish the silver base, too! I think I've got some items that could use that treatment.

    Your Seasonal Collide is phenomenal--that just amazes me that you can stick with a piece that big! Love the family photo--you all look wonderful... And I love that purple tree--I've never heard of it before, but it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seasonal collide looks awesome.
    lol, I only have one pair of scissors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the giveaway. Love the base you put the flower frog into. I didn't know you only had two pairs of scissors.

    Your potted flowers look great. Yeah, you're definitely ahead in the game, LOL.

    Great pic of your 4-gen Mother's Day photo.

    Wow, *only* 7000 stitches to go. It looks great, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I guess I'm a blog yakker, cuz I have no problem finding things to blog about each week... even when I'm not stitching, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Season collide looks fabulous!
    Love the family photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and finding time for leaving a comment!