Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blog Hop, Stand or not?

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

 Do you use a stand when you stitch? If so, tell us about it and share pictures if you’ve got them. If not, would you like to try using a stand? Do you have any tips or tricks around using a stand versus not using a stand?

This is always a hot topic among stitchers. I haven't participated in this blog hop before, but I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. Especially since this is easier to do than update my blog! :-)
I have had my stand for a couple years now. Mine is called the Needlework System 4. I purchased it because I wanted a more streamline frame than the bulkier wooden ones. I stitch at my loveseat and it had to be able to go completely under the bottom of the couch. I don't sit upright when I stitch.I either have my feet up on the coffee table, or I'm stretched out width wise on it! An optional feature is the curved piece you see at the top. This allows the frame to be closer and I can adjust the height from there also. I can see the TV over the top. It also is lightweight, (the stand is 2.5 lbs) so I can move it from my "normal" area to down in the basement when the husband wants to watch the "big" TV for a movie. The other thing I love about it is that I can flip the piece with ease to either start or finish my threads. No loosening  of nuts or wheels to do that. I rarely have to tightened the scrolls, they stay really tight. You can get either or both the Qsnap adaptor or scrolls. I only bought the scroll (which also comes in 2 widths) because I don't own any Qsnaps. I couldn't live without my stand for my large pieces. I don't use it for every piece I stitch though. Hope that enlightens a few people out there! I bought mine through this website Threadneedle street and it has much more info on it. Just click on Accessories.

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

6 comments:

  1. First time I have ever seen a non-wood stand. Thanks for sharing the picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very interesting Nancy!!!! Maybe you need to come & stitch with me & bring it for show & tell! I have never been able to get the hang of using a stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very useful and easy-to-use stand, Nancy. Since I do mostly small projects, I always stitch in-hand, but if I did things as large as you, I'd definitely think about investing in a floor stand of some type.

    Had to laugh about going down to the basement to watch movies on the "big TV"--we do the same thing. In fact, that's the only time that TV is used any more, except for hockey games, now that the guys have all left home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had mine for 5 years now...best thing I ever did for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool stand. Interesting to see a non-wooden version as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and finding time for leaving a comment!