Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A June update in May

With 3 days left in May, I figured it was time to "finish" June. I found some strawberry material that my Mom gave me awhile back and thought it was a good enough match so I didn't have to go material hunting. This is a pattern by Country Cottage Needleworks. I have September and October left to stitch.
I've been steadily stitching away on "Balcony View of a Villa" by Mystic stitch. Here is where I was when you last saw it.
A few weeks later.....
And then as of last night.....

The bottom 2/3's of the pattern is where all the action is, so I'm assuming that I will be slowing down on this one. That and the fact that I want to work on some other things now.
Our outdoor project has been redoing the landscaping where we redid our sidewalk last fall. Here's a collage of one area (on the left) before during and after and then an overall of before and after.(on the right) It's not really fair since the tree didn't have leaves on it. We spread lots of mulch and 2 tons of rock. We still have some lights to add and some accent boulders on one end to do. But I'd say it's 95% done.

And what blog post is complete without a photo of Amberlyn. She had her first dance recital. They were so darn cute!

And May is my birthday and anniversary month. My husband and I celebrated 32 years together.. I stole this picture idea from Pinterest. Happy Summer all!!!



10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nancy and Happy Anniversary. Love the photo of you and hubby-Fantastic! Great progress on Villa. June looks wonderful - congrats on finishing:) Your ahead of me on the months. Your yard is really pretty. Don't you just love looking at it after all the work you put into it? love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the strawberry fabric on June - you hvae the best calendar ever :) I cannot believe how far you are on Balcony - it looks really great! I love the detail in the villa on the hill! I want to go there!

    Love all the work you've done around the house! You have been BUSY! Great photos of Amberlyn and you two! May you have 32 more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love June and Balcony! Outside looks great, too. Amberlynn is adorable! And you two don't look old enough to be married this long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strawberry fabric looks great with your June cottage, and you've made fabulous progress on your Mystic! :).

    The landscaping looks good, and Amberlyn is as adorable as always!!

    Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you both again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, Nancy!! I wish you and your husband many more happy and healthy years together... Love the photo of you two on your wedding day, too--so beautiful.

    Your June cottage is perfect with that strawberry fabric! I'll bet you were one proud grandma at the dance recital--Amberlyn is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Nancy. 32 years is really a wonderful accomplishment. I hope that you have many more years together.

    Your stitching is fabulous. Balcony really is a stunning piece. And your landscaping looks great!! That's what we did all holiday weekend. It's a lot of work, but the results are great!!

    Amberlyn is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. What a cute grand daughter you have. Your June House is so cute and love seeing the progress on your Mystic piece. It's coming along great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! Your stitching is coming along great. I love how you finished June Cottage. Your granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your finish and Happy Anniversary to you both. Love the photo shoot of you and DH:)
    Love the Mystic Stitch piece you are working and I am sure you are rightly proud of your landscape project. Nice curb appeal.
    Amberlyn is certainly grown since the last time "I" saw her. I know she enjoyed her recital and you were a proud Grandma too:)
    TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little June cottage looks so pretty with the strawberry fabric you used for the finishing. So beautiful!
    Balcony View is absolutely stunning! It's great how much you got done on it since the last picture. I'm looking forward to seeing your next progress picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and finding time for leaving a comment!